Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tricks

Draven's new Party Tricks

This picture pretty much sums up that he is the cutest thing ever.

I seriously can't get enough of this kid. I feel like my days fly by. He changes everyday and does something new. It is quite incredible to watch. I never thought I would be happy being a stay at home Mom, but have always known that is what was going to be best for my family. Boy, was I wrong. I love it. I can't imagine, not playing with him everyday. Don't get me wrong, There are points in the day that I get frustrated but by the end of the day I am so happy and get so excited to tell Andy all the silly, miniscule things he did that day.

So, like today... I put him to bed and I was talking to Theresa on the phone, being my loud self, probably woke him up. Well, when I went to check on him, he had scooted all the way up to the top of the crib(not new) but had turned himself sideways as well! I was dying! I never pick him up after he has been put down for the night but I was so shocked-at first I thought the blanket was on his head, because it was all the way to the top, but his head was smashed in the corner sans blanket-I grabbed him up immediately and was laughing so hard. He is so silly.

He loves to sit up! He sat up the first time, 5 days after turning 5 months. He thinks he is such a big boy and it was so cute to watch the first couple of days because of his cute grin he got, once he was up!

He loves to talk and says a lot of new sounds mostly babababa, wawawa but he also says a hi sound that he adds in. Randomly a D, and M make it in there, that makes both Andy and I jump with excitement.

My new favorite, and seems to be his too...He will bababababa, if you put your finger up to his lips or move his chin up and down. So dang cute!

He loved to eat your cheek/chin but the last few days he has been grabbing my face and wide mouth kissing me. I totally egg him on for more and more kisses.

His has a few new favorite toys that have made there way in to the mouse/sophie level...He received a book that is reads the story to you, he loves it. Then, he was given a teething toy star that vibrates when he bites it! He goes crazy on it.

I have started to let him play on our little keyboard piano and oh my does he think it's cool. He even reaches up to push the buttons on top and starts all sorts of beats and tones going.

Reading is more like eating the book. I now have to give him one to eat while I read the other, otherwise he will get mad and arch his back to throw a tantrum. I had no idea they started so young.

He loves to eat paper/mail, tin foil...well, everything for that matter. I took a piece of mail away yesterday because he had soaked it too much and he had a heart attack...until he found his

FEET! Oh my, are they the hit. He loves his big toes. Plus, he has become super handy with his feet and pushes toys around or tries to pick them up with them. He was trying to pick up his main squeezes arm at church with his feet. I have always said, he has crazy feet and toes and he isn't disappointing!

My most favorite moment every single day is when I feed him in the weeeeeehours of the morning and after I finish, I put him up on my shoulder and I get cuddled for the few steps it takes to get to his room. He NEVER lays his head down and cuddles you. So this is extra special! I get the best feeling every time it happens. You just want to squeeze him extra hard.

He is getting a bit...well a lot frustrated that he can't crawl. He gets so mad and bent out of shape with belly time when something is out of his reach. He does scoot really well with me at his feet. But he wants to be on the move bad.

His favorite outing is going to a grocery store. Sitting in that cool cart turing his head back and forth so fast, trying to not miss a thing that is going bye.

Needless to say, we have been having fun over here and loving our little guy to death.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Aw, I love hearing about all of his little baby moments! The baby stage goes by so quickly and everything is so cute.