We call this the magic pad, Draven doesn't really like to lay down on the couch or bed but if he is laying down here...Happiest kid on earth. We see the most smiles and hear the most chatter when he is here.
I was always been wary of becoming a parent. It has never seemed glamorous or appealing. It scared me, I was scared I wouldn't like being a stay at home Mom. But I had strong feelings about if I ever had a baby that I was the one to raise it. It's a job you just have to like. You can't go back once you have a kid right?!
Andy and I were quite opposite, in the fact, that right after we were married, he couldn't wait to start our family. I was very hesitant but it was very hard to not try since Andy was SO excited. It took us a year and a half to get pregnant. It was a trying time. It is really hard having that anticipation EVERY month waiting and then getting disappointed. So when it finally happened we were both in disbelief. We worked together and one day I was a mess. Andy couldn't figure out what my deal was. I was acting like things were a way bigger deal then they were and I started to cry in his office. Andy told me to go home for the day and go take a pregnancy test. I thought he was silly cause it was still a couple of days till my cycle but I stopped off at the Dollar store (I can't bring myself to pay $15 for one of those things). I went home and did the deal, well holy cow, two pink lines!!!! I marched myself right back to that dang store. I walked in with the most serious face and walked strait passed Andy. I went to his office and he followed just as I hoped he would. He shut the door and I opened my hand (I had to bring the evidence!) We both just cried in excitement and disbelief. Our lives changed forever that day.
I can now say, I love being a Mom. Every day I am content with playing with my baby and seeing all the new things he learns and does. Andy and I both get excited to go get him when he wakes from his naps. It's almost a game now. We love that he smiles and coo's back at us. It melts your heart. Last night he rolled over. Holy cow were we excited. He was just having tummy time and I looked down and he was on his side. I freaked out "HE'S GOING TO ROLL OVER!!!!!" We grabbed the camera and were cheering him on as he finally made it all the way over. Who would have thought that would make us so proud?
I am so proud of him. I want to show him off to everyone. I can't wait for the rest of my family and friends to meet him. These are a couple of our recent favorites.
He is getting a little big for the sink :)
Happy time, chatting with Mom and playing with his keys and sophie
Still loves to snuggle in the morning
His neck is getting so strong and you see that mouse? Pretty much his favorite thing in his little world right now. He will sit under his gym and bat that thing forever. Then he grabs his tiny tail and tries to bring the whole thing to his mouth. He is so smart!
Giving Mom some loves, He loves loves my hair. If I have him, he is holding on to it for dear life. He also loves to snuggle like this and just walk around the house looking at things.
And here is our big boy rolling over for the very first time!
3 comments:
Haha I love his face after he rolled! He's like "what the heck is the big deal mom?" :-) So cute!
Cami!! He is such a doll! He reminds me of my little guy. I was telling Miles the exact same thing today; How much I love love love being at home with my boy. I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world. I'm glad you share my thoughts (we've been doing that for almost 20, *wowza* years now. So i'm not surprised) on being a mama. Hope we get to meet your little bug soon!! Love you.
So stinkin cute! I can't believe he rolled. So big! I loved talking to you today. I sure miss you! XOXO
Post a Comment