Friday, December 31, 2010

Late Night Shenanigans

We may or may not be going a little stir crazy in anticipation for this kid to arrive but I can't help but think,
I have the cutest husband ever.

Yesterday, I woke up to this picture uploaded onto Facebook
While I was sleeping, Andy rounded up Draven's "Friends" and took a pic of them. He said "all of them are waiting for you to play!"
(Or something of the sort)
I loved it.

Then...this morning I woke up to with baby bear all wrapped up on the table in the living room
I had been reading The happiest baby on the block, last night and showed Andy some of the diagrams of the swaddle technique. He has been quite nervous about putting baby in the swaddle but we both just need to practice. Well, Andy last night apparently was practicing!
I am so happy he is going to be a Dad. I love and appreciate all the excitement and participation he has had. We have chosen to use The Bradley Method for birth. It is a VERY hands on experience for the partner to be involved and to be my coach. I hear a lot, the "Dad will need something to do while you are laboring".... or things like that, and I kinda just giggle in my head. He is going to be just as busy as me! Andy has really done his part to prepare for this, by studying up and doing our practice runs. He always seems on board for all the antics I come up with and is so supportive. I feel so blessed and lucky to have such a great guy by my side.
Plus, he is good eye candy ;)

4 comments:

Karissa said...

Hahaha! He would do those things while you were sleeping.

Stephanie Evans said...

What a sweet husband! Can't wait to hear about the Bradly method and how it goes. Good luck!!

Ali said...

I haven't read that book, but I have to say that I am a huge fan of swaddling! The crib looks adorable! He's lucky to have such excited parents!

Good luck with everything. You'll do awesome!

RaCHeL said...

I love how excited he is to be a dad! I can't wait to hear how everything goes & see this little boy! Love you guys!