
I rarely make dinner. My poor husband makes it almost every night. Maybe once out of the week I'll cook but, it's usually never as great as his dinners. ie: last night he cooked steak, shrimp, mashed potatoes... BUT today I have become gentle. (Gentle in my vocabulary means-being proper, and basically an old fashioned wife....who I am not) But I dug in the kitchen cabinets and found not only 1 but 2 crockpots. AND a rice cooker. Theses things that are oh so foreign to me and have NEVER been used by me. I thought what the heck, you dump alot of stuff in to this big pot then go sit on your ass for six hours... then boom you have dinner and I look good? I have to give this thing a try. So now I get to sit on my "bottom" on the couch blog to my friends for the next six hours... And can I tell you what....One husband is sooooo happy, he has already told me three times how good it looks and smells and I have 6 more hours of couch time. wooooohooooo. I love being gentle.
3 comments:
Did you make the lemon chicken??? I want to know how it turned out!!
Good for you! You are too cute my friend! The crock pot is foreign to me too, maybe I should break it out one of these days. I want to know what you cooked and how it all went!
and the result was???
If you're interested, here's a link to a personal favorite - crock pot cook book.
http://www.amazon.com/101-Things-Do-Slow-Cooker/dp/1586853171/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
These really impressive tasting meals require the simplest of ingredients. I feel like such a cheater when I use them. I love it.
Post a Comment