Monday, December 8, 2008

ITTY bitty Secrets

For the last three weeks Andy has become my new boss...  I stepped down, in November and am now working in Andy's store as his assistant.  This was a very challenging thing for me and an even more challenging thing for me to admit to my family and friends.  I don't know why I was so afraid that people were going to think I failed, or be disappointed. I told my parents at the time but I just recently told my two sisters this week.  My mother was in complete shock when I told her...My dad was really supportive and thought it would be "a good challenge for our marriage"  Which I thought was an interesting thing to say but I understand what he meant.  But today I truly and absolutely feel like I made the right decision.  
I have talked to my sisters, nieces, and nephews countless times in the last weeks.   And have been video chatting with Emilie, Deanne, Payton, and Macy ALOT.  It is soooo fun to be able to Cue to Payton and Macy to regain that relationship I had with them, three years ago.  (It's crazy to think that it has been that long since I left Utah)  Then two I MEAN TWO of my friends have called me and I was actually not working, and answered the phone call!!!! THIS might not seem so outlandish to most people but for me and my freak schedule to actually catch a phone call and not have to listen to a voice mail and then call and leave one for them and then wait around for another good time for them to talk and  call me back(this process usually took about a week)....was an Amazing feeling.  I was able to talk to Emily and Rachel yesterday and answer a 2nd phone call from Emily today.  I am so happy they are in my lives.  I am always in a good mood after I get off the phone with them.  Em and I have so much history and stories for days it's incredible how long we could talk for. Every time we get off the phone, it feels like we are cutting it short and it doesn't matter if it was 5 mins for 2 hours. I guess that is what 17 years of friendship will do to you.    And Rachie...Oh man how much we are the same.   We were just meant to be friends...I know no matter how, we would have met and become friends. I met her best friend Jamilyn when I was 16 and then we went to the same high school for a year and NEVER MET eachother...Then the fateful day came around when I decided to go to hair school on a whim and We ended up starting the same day.   But even then, Jamilyn married Clark, who was my friend from high school.   So it had to happen some day no denying it. anyway(sssss)-I don't remember who but someone in my life really hated when people said anyways not just anyway and now I just do it to piss off the universe sometimes...but really anyway my point to this blog
I am so thankful that Andy and I don't come home and talk about work allllll the time like before and I love spending lots and lots of time with Andy. and I LOVE LOVE  L O V E having day's off and nights off. and then most of all time to talk to the ones I love.  Sorry to all my friends I have slowly lost touch with...two especially that probably will never read this but I MISS YOU TWO and I wish we could talk and be friends like we were. But I am really trying to get better.     I couldn't be happier...maybe if I lived in Utah...right now.  Life is good and I love being Andy's assistant.  The little hits to the pride I was so worried about almost have become silly to how blessed I have become with the simple things. 
           ok done
 

*SORRY SOOOOO RANDOM

5 comments:

Em said...

YAY!! I love talking with you, and also getting a shout-out.. out of it!

love ya! (talk to you soon :)

RaCHeL said...

I love you! Thanks for making my day/week! :) We are a lot the same aren't we? I too am so grateful to have you in my life. XOXO

p.s.
way to go on the crockpot! It's always a life saver when you have no creativity with food. I use mine all the time! :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

WOW! I think that is great! And I am so going to try the recipe you gave me! Sounds delicious ad easy, just the way I like it. Oh and I can't wait to hear an update regarding this post! :)

Oh Boy '08 said...

Are you alway just going to be one of my favorite people? I love reading your ramblings! Anyway, I can't wait for the day when I'm Christian's assistant. I'm serious!

B and J said...

Cam...I'm proud of you for making that decision for you. It's so weird to have a life outside of Buckle (even though you're not out of it, you just don't have so many expectations of you :) Hope you have a very happy holiday, keep in touch!