Monday, September 1, 2008

The Cake!!! YUMMM

So if any of you know My Mother.  You would know that I have been dreaming about my wedding cake forever.  She was going to make the most perfect cake I could ever dream up.   Well years and years ago she made a version of this cake and I always loved it.  But I fell in love with a boy that two of his most favorite things are any thing strawberry or chocolate and if they are together it is perfection.  So I couldn't even think of having any cake but this one for our wedding. I LOVED IT!  It turned out perfect and exactly what I had imagined.  A lot of hard work went in to it, Nancy for the cake...Em for the delicious pink strawberry frosting center, Dad for the amazing huge chocolate curls-that he was doing till 2 in the morning...and DeDe for all the wonderful chocolate frosting and strawberries. I had quite the team :) 

Everyone kept telling us that it was almost too great to cut into but I knew how delicious the inside was(I was the official taste tester for each part)  that I couldn't resist. 




I kept telling him "See how pretty I look...I have to wear this again, you don't want to ruin it right?" 

It took us forever to actually get close to each other because I knew what was coming

He was so nice and I just smashed it!!!!!!!!!!! but he defiantly came back for revenge
He lived because nothing got on the outside but I have chocolate cake all smashed down the inside~ It was so fun and just what I expected, we are both too big of punks to not smash it everywhere!


3 comments:

Ali said...

Camille!
Congratulations! I discovered your blog 10 minutes ago :) I am thrilled for you and your husband. I had the chills as I was reading your "history" and the story of how you two came to be. Wow. You were a GORGEOUS bride (no surprise there!). Needless to say, I am so happy for you both. You know I'm down South now as well, right? If you're ever up for a road trip to the beach, you have a place to stay.

Stephenson and Katie said...

Camille you look stunning! Your dress is gorgeous! Are you going to have a reception in Utah??

RaCHeL said...

Your cake looks divine! Everything about day does! :) You would smash it in his face. Thanks for sharing your happy day. I love seeing the pictures! xoxo