Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Story behind it all

So... I haven't been blogging like I should have been.  Isn't the point of this thing, to share with people what is going on in your life. WELL do we have some news. As I'm sure all of you realized from my last Blog, Andy and I recently got engaged. But lets back up just a bit from that day.   

Well a couple of  months ago, Andy and I met two people that will forever change our lives as we know it.  We let these two really nice young men with white shirts and cute little name tags aka The Missionaries"
come into our home and hang out with us for a while. Well they are amazing and after a couple of visits they had Andy right on track for some discussions.   And sooner than I ever imagined but my cute Andy  was agreeing to be BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!   It has been so amazing to learn all these essentials all over again and to be apart of such a life changing event. I couldn't be more excited for him.  I love him beyond words and this is going to change our lives, our children's lives in more ways than I can even imagine.   
I am so happy for you Andy.  I can't wait to spend eternity with you!

Well now here is where it gets tricky...So we were so excited and started inviting all our family and friends to come to the baptism.  Everyone was really excited and we were shocked that we so many people agreed to come to Kentucky.   We one thing led to the next and we thought that since both of our parents were coming that it might not be a bad idea to get married that weekend too!  ha ha (it's funny to even write it-I'm totally laughing at myself like "your crazy for even thinking that")   So we really thought long a hard about it and we tested out our idea to our class at church on Sunday and everyone was like "WHY NOT!"  It went over so well at church we thought well hell, we can't be that crazy to want to get married in two weeks, they all think it's a great idea.  So then we tested out the theory on my mom.  She already new what I was going to say before I said it.  So on and  so on we just eventually got to everyone and were overwhelmed of how supportive everyone was! So we are doing it!  So the last post was kinda just a teaser because that was the night we got engaged but it was a mere 10 days before our wedding..tehehehe   See why I am a bad blogger now :)  
But everything in going great, Have the Dress, the Place, the Ring, The BEST GUY EVER, and Some one to marry us so it's really happening.  So everyone pray for no rain on Aug 30th

Elder Wright and Elder Davis...you will forever be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you a million and one times. 

8 comments:

B and J said...

Camille! I'm super excited for you! Who would have ever thought that your life would come together in such a pretty little package and tied with a bow! That's an amazing story! I'm so happy for you and wish you both the best of luck! Good luck over the next week and you better blog your little heart out so we can feel like we are apart of it all! Congrats!

Stephenson and Katie said...

oh Camille that is AWESOME!! I'm so excited for you and you will LOVE married life! YAY!! You better post lots of pictures.... what an amazing weekend- a wedding AND a baptism? Love it!

Em said...

heck, now you've got me all choked up and crying at high school. I luf you. I could really go for some Papa John's and 7 for a dollar right now!!

Ang said...

Camille, that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys. And so excited to see the pictures to come so make sure there is lots more blogging soon!

The Johnson's said...

Good luck with everything, I am glad the missionaries stopped by and that you guys were willing to listen. And being married is a blast, you will love it. Congrats to it all!

Read and Camille King said...

that is so exciting!! i am so proud of you. good luck. ill be thinking of you.

Ape said...

Cam-I heard em tell my dad your story...we are all so excited for you and Andy! You deserve the best and know our entire family is so excited to hear of your news!!!!!
LOve april

Anonymous said...

I am a new blogger, and randomly got your story. Congratulations. The pictures are beautiful as well as the story behind it. Wishing you well, Viki