I am having a wonderful Mothers Day and wanted to write about some amazing Mama's I know.
I have some amazing sisters. They are all SO different and some of my best friends. I know I drive them all a little crazy when I come camp out at their houses for a couple weeks at a time when we visit. But I love spending time with them. Here are some of my favorite things about them
Deanne, I always call her Mother Mary behind her back. She is going to roll her eyes at that but it's true. She does no wrong. She does everything for her two cute gals. She is so easy going and never lets anything get to her. I love talking on the phone to her because she never seems rushed or needing to get off the phone, she will talk to me forever. I love that all her time is for her girls, running them around to all there soccer practices, games, or events. She has showed her girls how to be very active and that exactly what they are. She always has an effortlessly clean house on top of it all. She is a sweet little Mama and I love that about her.
Emilie, I always call her my twin but more sparkly. Emilie is always up for a party. She is constantly busy and loves it that way. She has raised some of the best kids. They are so polite and well behaved. She just can't bear doing anything with out them. I think that is a very sweet quality about her. No matter what she is doing or where she is going, they are coming. I love her free spirit and that she never seems to get her feelings hurt. She will always be the young fun Mom and her kids will love her forever for that. As she hopes to have more babies, I wish her the best and I will be waiting by the phone all day tomorrow.
Brianne, She is my SIL but has always been just like a sister. While my brother was on his mission, I spent so much time with her. I went everywhere with her, to baby sitting jobs, hung out at her house, and even on a family vacation. She has always taken care of me and made me feel included. I can't tell you of a gal who can get more done. Brianne is such a hard worker and the best party planner. She has more to do in a day then I can fathom thinking about. But she does it all and then will host whatever party you ask for. She teases a lot about how she has too many kids. But she is the best Mom. You will always find her laughing at all the silly things they do. I hope one day to handle all the chaos of raising a bunch of boys (and hopefully a girl) as well as she does.
My Mom. My Mom is the friendliest person you will ever meet. As a child it embarrassed me a thousand times over, but it taught be to not be afraid of being nice to people or to talk to a stranger. My Mom taught me to be very spontaneous and a traveler. I can't tell you of the countless times we just left the house on a few hours notice and flew somewhere. My Mom taught me to be very independent. She took me to Europe one summer, on a whim, and let me be in charge of where were to go that day and how we were going to pay for it. I had all the maps and all the money. I was 14. But now I am never afraid of figuring out how to get somewhere. I can figure out the craziest subway systems or foreign money. My Mom will give you anything you ask for. It is a quality as a child I easily took advantage of. But now I understand she just wants to make people happy and it makes her happy to give you all that she can. I try to be respectful and not ask for too much anymore.
Now as a Mom myself, I can't imagine a better job in the world. I really mean it. We could seriously benefit from me having a job but I just can't stand the thought of missing these days with my baby. He is my world. I am so thankful that I was able to have a baby and get to spend everyday with him...and that says a lot after today's sacrament meeting ;) But we just sit around and talk about all the cute things he did that day and smile. It is the best feeling. So anyway, I am so thankful for ALL the amazing Mama's in my life and what a great example they are to me. There are so many people I look up to and learn things from about how to be a better Mom.
Happy Mothers Day and I love you all!
1 comment:
cute post.. moms rock.
Post a Comment