Thursday, September 8, 2011
Rocking
Today, Draven decided that his 2 hour nap was complete 45 mins in. Minutes before, I had planned in my head of what I was going to get accomplished before he woke. Slightly frustrated when he woke up so soon, I brought him into the kitchen with me so I could finish my 1st freezer jam excursion. Clearly his nap wasn't long enough and was whinny. I kept trying to keep him entertained since 'I had a plan, and I wanted to get it done!' After a few mins, I threw my plan out the window. I picked up my baby, took him to his room for some quiet time together. I nursed him then gave him a binky hoping maybe I could rock him sleepy again. But, for the 1st time ever, he thought that the rocking chair was hilarious. he sat up facing me and was laughing so hard the more dramatic I made him rock. My heart melted. We had such a little moment. He was clearly still tired and would grab me and give me his one arm neck hug, that I can't get enough of, every few minutes. He just needed some Mom time. I am so thankful that I get to have quiet days that I really don't have to get anything done or have a rigid schedule, that I can rock my baby to laughter as long as he wants. He is such a sweet good baby and I am lucky to be a Mom. These are the days I know I will remember :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, what a sweet story! You are such a good mommy and he is a lucky little man.
Post a Comment