Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July

First things 1st
Draven is getting so big.
I was telling Andy the other night, that our next kiddo(that statement will make Andy happy) will probably be so spoiled, because I am realizing that the baby stage goes by painfully fast. I feel like I have such a big boy already and am days away from chasing him around the house. Our house is so not baby proof yet. I just don't even know where to start, we have multiple things that I really can't just move higher. Lots of books, movies, cd cases, guitars...I guess I am sorta waiting to see what he is going to want to get into, but don't all babies just get into everything. Pray for my things :)
Secondly, I now get when Mom's practically shout from the roof tops that their baby has slept through the night. Draven has always been a really good sleeper, so I had zero room to complain in the sleep dept, even if he was waking up at 4-5 to eat every night and a lot of the time once or twice a night for a binky. Well, he has proven me wrong. A few times in the past weeks, He has slept all the way through without binky "calls", waking to eat. I seriously wanted to cry the first night I woke up at 6:30 and he was just waking up. At first, I just thought people were crazy when they said their kid could sleep 12hrs without waking up. Gosh 8-10 for that matter. There is a light at the end of the tunnel ladies! Who knew?...well, I guess every other mother except me!

Third, I read my Patriarchal blessing and I am finally a piece with the thought that we will have more kids. I still six months later was frightened by the thought of being pregnant again and then delivering a baby AGAIN. But it sucks for most people, most everyone I know has traumatizing tales to tell. Also, I never thought my scar would not be seriously funky monkey. It was almost purple, and right above one side it was super swollen looking, but it wasn't swollen, it was the muscle was being pulled so it popped up. And I don't even want to talk about when I would sit down. Just imagine putting a string around your belly while you are sitting down and pulling it tight. It's not pretty. Finally, it is getting better and I am ok with taking about that Draven, ONE Day will have a sibling :)

So, back to the cute kid. He has had lots of new food this month. He gets so excited to eat but lately likes to suck his thumb after every bite. Weird! It is the only time he sucks his thumb, but it is after every single bite. Go figure. He has two teeth. These teeth have been extremely manageable. He just wanted to be held more often. Understandable, he was in pain.


Andy and 'the bear' have been having So much fun lately. I picked up a few hours at Nordstrom, so Wed and Fri nights after Andy gets home from school and Saturday mornings, they get to play and I head off to work. It has been so good for Andy and the baby. They have so much fun and I always come home to fun videos or pictures of their shenanigans. It has made me realize, that the days I do get to be with them, I want to make sure I am playing with the baby with out distractions. It has been good for me to just focus on him. Granted I don't have a clean house all the time, and I'm seriously lagging on blog posts but it has been great.

We took Draven swimming this past week and to the Winnie the Pooh movie. He did great in the water and did get dunked a couple times :) and for the movie. He loved it. We brought in his carrier so he sat in his own seat, reclined back and watched for probably almost half of the show in there. He would sit up, look over at us and smile then sit back and watch again. Cutest thing ever.

We just love our baby and are so happy to be his parents.


4 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

I love your posts about Dravin. It's so obvious how much you love being a momma and love him! It makes me smile! And I totally relate about the anxiety of having more. I went through major stress at the thought of having one, let alone two! Trav totally was ready for kids before I was. He basically had to talk me into it. Anyway, excited to see you soon!

Ali said...

Hooray for a solid night of sleep and YES, I still get misty eyed from the joy when I wake up the next day and realize how long I slept.

Draven is so adorable and your thoughts on motherhood always make me smile!

Doug Shaw said...

Love the post! Love how big Draven is getting. And yes, they do get into everything. Just proof as you go. :) Can't wait to see you!

Doug Shaw said...

That last comment was from Rach by the way. :)