Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Last Day

The Last of the Hospital.
To be honest, I didn't want to leave. I loved having all the help from the nurses...who wouldn't want to be waited on 24/7 right? Plus I was nervous about nursing when we got home. I would call for help almost every time I fed him but after four days, they were kicking us out. I am really impressed that MOST every one I know had only 24 hours at the hospital. I really feel like I learned something new everyday there. I needed all that advice and help...Props to all of you that "got it" with out the help.
Oh I just love him all swaddled and in his hat
Hanging out with Dad
Jason and Nicole came all the way up to see us. We just love them and were so happy for them to meet our little guy!
On our way home! Don't mind my outfit...I had packed a super cute top, sweater, pants, and cute shoes...well don't worry I left the hospital WAAAAAAAYYYYYY bigger then I came in. I could barely fit my feet into my comfy shoes. Yikes. I didn't have anything that fit me, so I resorted to sweatpants and made Andy take off his shirt(he was wearing two) so I could wear it. Oh well right?!
The car ride! He was so sleepy.
Proud Dad bringing him in.
Our darling Friends had made this sign for us! It was fun to come home to this!
Andy immediately had to sit him down and play some songs for him
And had to try on his Cardinals gear...He might need to grow into it!
Napping on the couch.
It was surreal bringing him home to our house, showing him his room and being on our own. He was very sleepy for quite a while so we really were able to get sleep.

Well as I'm sure you can tell, Draven had a slight case of Jaundice so we had to go to the Dr's for a checkup and blood work on Saturday after he was born. But lucky for us, Blake was born on Friday, so we just went right up to visit after our appointment.

Blake and Draven meeting for the first time.
Proud Dad's
The mama's...and a MAD baby
After our visit to the Dr's we got a call that he needed to be on a Billi bed. Poor guy hated it. (I think we might have hated it a little more than him) Thankfully he only had to be on it for just 24 hrs.
This is him strapped down to the lights
Kinda cool looking at night
and here are his Dora's...the aftermath of getting his blood tested day after day

1 comment:

Stephanie Evans said...

Reading your posts just makes me smile!! You are the cutest parents ever. What a lucky little guy to come to your family. So loved! And don't worry about not fitting into your cute outfit on the way home from the hospital... I didn't wear regular jeans for 3 months after having Collin. I'm sure you'll snap back much faster than I did... but it was quite a depressing reality at first!